Monday, August 15, 2005

Smoke Rings Rock

...And Bobby and I taught ourselves to blow smoke rings at the hookah bar last night. Also, there are containers of bubbles everywhere, which means you can blow smoke into bubbles. I don't know if it sounds cool, but it's freakin' sweet.

Yeah, Portland has a hookah bar now, who'd a thunk it? It's called The Purple Caterpillar, and it's quite purple and freaky. It's open really late, too, even on Sunday--we didn't get there until 12:30 AM, and we left around 1:45. For a while they were playing Pink Floyd, which worked well, but then the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack came on and that reeeeally sucked. It's a sweet deal though, $10 for a pack, which could easily take care of about 6 people, as determined by Bob, Rus, and me after finishing one ourselves. When I went to one in NYC it was much more expensive, so that's cool, and those mugs treated me anyway, so can't complain. In summary: smoke rings and bubbles, good; The Purple Caterpillar, good; apricot tobacco, good; Rocky Horror, crap.

In fashion news, I bought a new wallet yesterday. $10 at TJ Maxx, can't beat it. And I was checked out (well, she was the check-out person...) by a chick who looked like Paris Hilton and had some foreign accent. I was totally smooth too. European Paris Hilton: "Will you give me your phone number?" Me: "Uhhhh, unlisted. (thinking only of my poor parents being hassled by telemarketers)" Yup, totally smooove, man.

Let's see, I got an email today from the IES program with a schedule that mostly tells about the first few weeks, but it's all in Deutsch, so I'll probably never read it. Just kidding, but I'll probably put it off for a while anyway. And finally, T-minus about 50 hours until I leave for the Land of Beer and Chocolate--wunderbar!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ADAM YOU SMOKE!? by george we outta grab out ur lungs through ur mouth and shove 'em right back up ur azz. We might as well shoot u now, ur gonna get cancer anyway...

Hooker bar eh? why would u need to go to a hooker bar when u got us here?? haha

Ok well, mr. when u get back u've got alot of explaining to do.

Ok but i guess i will give you a few points for buying a wallet, maybe ur non-nerdy side is finally kicking in.

Well, love/hate you
BUBYE

Anonymous said...

hey ur like a cuz to me since carleys family is mine so u cant do nottin bout it haha

Anonymous said...

The Hooka Bar Was MONEY. heh, adam, bob's and my stomach were feeling the after affects of mucho apricot for just 3 people. We're doing that first thing when you're back. What a good last night for the 3 of us: drive'n around (just like high school)runnin from the cops (just like high school) heh,,,running (just like years ago) I'm going to be up in Portland tomorrow so AMPLIFIED best be burnt.

see ya tomorraw,
Roose

Anonymous said...

i agree with carley... you are a berry bad boy!