Sunday, August 14, 2005

No Real News, Just Filler.

It feels like ages since I last posted on this thing--maybe because I got hassled by my darling cousin who-will-remain-nameless for not updating every day. I doubt I'll be posting every day though, especially for the first stretch that I'm in Germany. Not only is that way too much writing (you all know, of course, how I hate writing and cherish number-crunching), but I'll be visiting relatives for the first two weeks, and not necessarily sitting down to a computer all the time. I don't even know if Tante Hasse and Uncle Gerd have a computer at the farm, but I do know they have a tractor I plan to drive, aww yeeah.

In fact, I might be feeling fairly cut off from the outside world for another reason. Namely, I won't have a cell phone for the first two weeks that I'm in Germany, either. Gasp, the horrors! Well, all this will mean is that none of you have to feel bad about not calling me anymore, since you couldn't even if you wanted to. (Put away the rum, that's no cause for celebration.) Yeah, I'm not taking my cell phone to Germany because the IES people make each student pay for a cell phone they assign when we arrive September 1. But until then, I'll basically be living in the dark ages again, which I heard were sort of dangerous the first time around. I'll be okay, though, I promise. (Seriously, put down the rum, I'll let you know when it's time to celebrate.)

A couple of minor updates to the page: I tried to get a working pic for my profile, but it doesn't seem to be working well. Which is unfortunate because I make a dashing pirate. I added an audio clip which has been exploding across the internet and some tv commercials, so enjoy that, please. I slapped a link to the LEO English-German Online Dictionary somewhere off to the right, so when I start losing my grip on the English language a couple of months from now, you can try to figure out what I'm saying still. I'd say that's it for now, and since this crazy guy is making me really hungry, I'd also say it's time for a snack. Tell all your friends, and Stay classy, tiny contingent of Surprise Witness readers.

2 comments:

Alena said...

that tractor at the farm is SWEET.

Anonymous said...

Hello, dear Adam. Yes it's me again, your "darling cousin who-will-remain-nameless", Carley. Ok well I guess i made that an oxy moron...Sinse i will remain nameless even though i mentioned my name was Carley...oops...

Well i dont really get why u have to pay for the cell...THAT SUX FOR YOU. and no tante hasse and uncle garett dont have a computer..or at least thats what my mom thinks well w/e.

LOVE YOU SOO MUCH ! :) (i hope you have shaved off your very disturbing facial hair...)

BYE~ carley