Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mister Furriness for All


In all of the confusion, I nearly forgot the new addition to the Callaghan household back in Maine. Since Winston was Alena's replacement once she left, I guess that means Fabian is my replacement. I believe the evil eye in this picture represents his challenge to me: i.e., If you ever return, I will shred your non-furry bits and use your bed as a litter box.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into a cat's expression and he's really a sweet fellow. I can't risk it, though; I have too many non-furry bits.

Speaking of crazy animal expressions, the greatest one of all was finally captured on camera by my dad some weeks ago. This is the expression with which Winston greets you when you return home, and it is an exquisite combination of rage (that you could ever even entertain the notion of leaving him) and ecstasy (you're back, you're back, you're baaaaack). While it is not perfect, this is so far the best way -- other than to personally abandon and then return to him yourself --to see what is simply known as "That Face":

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

12/5 Fabian is absolutely not evil, he wants his big brother to come back so he has another lap to sit on and more hands to constantly rub his head!! Mom