Monday, November 21, 2005

Lange Zeit, Nicht Sehen

Hey there. Been a while. What's been up? Oh ya know, same ol'. Tough week last week, then Basel, Switzerland Thursday night for a play, and then I missed my flight to London Friday >:\ Of course, on the plus side, I woke up to realize I had missed my trains, but then later (after having run/powerwalked like half an hour to the train station to find out I couldn't make it to the airport in time anyway), I realized that I was still in Germany, so I could deal with it. I was sad not to get to visit Meredith though. She's coming in a couple of weekends, so all is not lost. Anyway, I had a fairly relaxing weekend here in Freiburg. Alex and I took it easy Friday and then painted the town sort of a light red Saturday night.

The Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market) opened up today, which is awesome. Yeah, it's really early for that, but oh well. Got a couple glasses of Glühwein (mulled wine); also saved some on my sweatshirt. It was tasty, and also stains easily. Hopefully going to a place called Oma's Kuche (Grandma's Kitchen!) tonight for live jazz, which should be far out, man.

I dunno what else to say right now--I'm kind of passing out at the computer, but I've got class in less than 2 hours, so I can't really go home. I guess I'll fool myself into thinking I might do some work. Maybe new pics sometime this week. Au revoir.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, endlich was neues zu lesen :) Du hast wirklich eine gute Aussicht mit dem verpassten Reise, schoen dass Du und Alex was nettes gemacht haben! Wie war London fuer Dave?? Die Weihnachtsmarkt ist bestimmt ausgezeichnet, ich erinere mich sehr gut daran. Wir werden dich erst an Donnerstag anrufen, nachdem Omi und Opa hier sind, ok? Ihr isst in einem Restaurant, nicht wahr...muesst Ihr dafuer bezahlen? Ist dass eine gute Idee, am D. anzurufen, wann waere eine gute Zeit? Es wird vielleicht Schnee geben, Regen hier an die Kueste! Dicken kuss, mach's gut diese Woche. liebe dich, Mutti XXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Anonymous said...

take me to a live jazz show!!!