Saturday, June 04, 2011

Roses and Birthdays

I'm still alive. Here's a post to prove it. Could I have done this from beyoooond the graaaave?

I mspainted this card for my grandmother last week. I printed the rose on one side of a piece of card stock paper, flipped the paper over, printed the text on the other side, then folded the paper so it looked like a real card, since it was being sent in the real mail. And that was on my third try. This real world stuff is terribly complicated.

Don't forget to click it to enlarge it. When you do, you'll notice a distinct lack of snark. This is because my grandmother appreciates sincere, aka sappy, emotion. When I sass her, she appreciates that, too, but often I have to explain my sass before she fully appreciates it, and that's hard to do in a greeting card. Oh, also, her birthday's not about me, it's about her, or something. (If she's reading this she might be disappointed in me until I explain the tongue-in-cheekness of that joke. Then she's going to be mad at me for implying she doesn't get my jokes. Good thing she mostly avoids the computer. No one print this out for her, she already got her card and pretended she loved it. Let's not mess with a good thing.)

Anyway, all I'm saying is Hallmark ain't so great. Takin' back the greeting card industry.

No comments: