Saturday, May 14, 2011

realpainting: Sam Eagle

Two posts ago I promised that "next time" you'd see Stasia's second contribution to the world of Muppet fan art, then I made myself a liar by posting my own drawing which I had given my mom for Mother's Day. So really, in so many ways, my mother made me a liar. It's good to get that off my chest.

Only one post later than planned, here's Stasia's rendition of Sam Eagle, sketched with pencil, outlined in marker, and then painted with actual paint and actual paintbrushes on actual paper. Who even has the time these days?


See, Big Bird's cool and all, but S. Eagle is one ice cold bird. He will PECK you, man. This wasn't done from memory, but it was done awesomely. Check out the shading on his face! That was done with $1 "watercolor" paints and $1 paintbrushes I picked up from Michael's Stores. And Stasia rocked 'em.

Next time I'll show you some behind-the-scenes pictures of the artist herself at work on this meisterwerk, including her secret weapon: the portable watercolor kit I put together for her, full of $1 paints and $1 paintbrushes. Don't you wish I were your sugar daddy?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Ok, how did this post become about you, instead of the incredibly cool painting Stasia made????????
Way to go S!!!